We all surely love our babies a little too much and it is really difficult to see them in pain. Since babies are unaware of their activities. Therefore, they usually indulge themselves in the hurtful acts. These acts ultimately lead to a lot of problems and the teething rash is one of the very similar problems. Although the teething rash is one of the natural phenomenon, improper care and excessively touching could lead to further problems. Some of the examples are exaggerated rash, problems with the skin or other issues.
When a child reaches the age of 2, his teeth started to evolve. Thus leading to the painful and a little irritating situation. During this time, children are unable to express their pain. Therefore, they are unable to tell their parents about the rashes on their face.
If your child is suffering from it and you want a fast solution, read this article to get a solution. You will be able to find maximum information which could make your baby’s life super easier.
For the relevant information, we had a detailed discussion with our pediatrician. They informed us about the causes behind the teething rashes, tips on how to recognize it before it’s too late. Moreover, they informed about the home remedies and prevention tips which are there to provide high-level relief to the child. It happens when kids are growing their teeth.
What is Teething Rash?
The teething rash is the condition which takes place due to the drooling during the teething process.
When a child reaches to 6 months, he starts to develop teething. Teething ultimately leads to the teething rash. Drool is basically the saliva production phase. This saliva production gets stimulation due to the birth of the newer teeth in a child’s mouth. Although the process is a little painful for the child and for the parents, proper care; prevention tips and treatment could make the process easier for all.
Causes of Teething Rash:
There are no significant causes behind the teething rash. Due to the fact it is the natural phenomena. this natural process is relatable to the teething process. Not every child tends to develop the teething rash during the procedure. However, this problem is usually common in those children who have extremely sensitive skin. Most probably, children tend to experience effects due to excessive drooling.
Since the procedure of teething is inevitable. Therefore, to make this procedure less painful for your child, you can opt for some of the pre-teething procedure. It can make your life easier.
Before you start reading on, we would like to inform you that if you become successful in recognizing the starting of the teething process in your baby, this thing can help you in avoiding teething rash to a significant level. You wouldn’t only be able to opt for the proper remedies but you can also prepare the food. A type of food that could make your child healthier during the process. Since your child will start avoiding solid food during the procedure. Therefore, you should look out for healthy recipes. It is better to look for recipes with better nutrients and your little one enjoy eating them.
Symptoms of Teething Rash:
The symptoms, which could help you in understanding the problem of your little one, are present in the section below. If you have started to observe any of the symptoms, you should decide to take your baby to the doctor. If you are sure about the thing, you can also give teething medicines.
- Your baby will start crying and will become irritable to the smallest of the things around.
- Your baby will feel very unsettled at many times. For instance, he won’t be able to sleep properly which will result in a changed sleeping pattern
- Drooling of saliva from your child’s mouth during the sleep is another one of the major symptoms of this rash. You will observe this symptom on the very excessive level during the initial days of the teething rash
- Redness on cheeks or around the lips can help you in understanding that your child is entering the teething phase. You should decide to opt for the proper treatment
- If your child is not having the redness on cheeks but on his chest/ area around the neck, this factor will also be a symptom of the teething rash. Chest and neck rashes are usually triggered by the excessive drooling during the sleep.
- Excessive pulling or rubbing on ears. If your little one has suddenly started to pull his ears then, he is suffering from the teething rash.
- Gnawing on fingers or on any other item which they usually put in their teeth. During the teething phase, a child tends to get the relief from putting something under their mouth
- During the teething rash, the gums of the child start becoming inflamed therefore, they tend to become very picky about their solid food. For instance, they will be more comfortable while eating the liquid food rather than the solid one.
- Your child might start vomiting on a frequent basis due to the indigestion problems which are associated with the teething rash.
- Not all, but some child also tend to develop the nappy rash during the teething phase. The children who have sensitive skin tend to have this problem. It is important to understand that teething produce more saliva which ultimately leads to the production of the gastric juices which consists of the higher amount of the acid and tend to impact the digestive system of the child in an adverse manner.
Treatment for Teething Rash:
Some of the treatments which can make the teething rash easier for your child are mentioned in the section below.
Before opting for any of the teething rash medicine, you should try to consult your doctor because every child consists of the different digestive system and they tend to react differently when get exposed to different kinds of the medication. Even if you are aware of the problem then, still get a recommendation from your child’s doctor in order to avoid any sort of problems in the future.
Additionally, you should avoid using the teething gels because they consist of the harmful ingredients and tend to cause rashes inside the baby’s mouth.
- You should try using Emollient cream because it helps in controlling the water production inside the mouth which will ultimately result in the lesser drooling or rashes near the teething place.
- You can also use the lansinoh lanoline cream as it will help in reducing the sensitivity of the skin which will help in reducing the redness on the cheeks, chest or other areas of the skin.
- Vaseline is another one of the effective remedies which can help in reducing the intensity of the teething rash and could make the skin less prone to all kind of rashes.
Home Remedies for Teething Rash:
- You should rub the sore area of the baby’s gums with the help of your fingers. Use two fingers and rub them properly over your baby’s gums in order to relieve the pain.
- You should try to make the banana’s pieces for your child so that they can have better food intake their teething process. Cut banana’s into small pieces and put it into the refrigerator so that they taste
- Try to if they are unable to take the milk through the nurse or the feeder. You can also use the dropping remedy if your child is unable to drink the milk with the help of the milking cup.
- You should give the pain reliever to your baby just once before they are going to bed because excessive dose could lead to more drooling during the teething phase.
Some of the prevention tips which could effectively help in reducing the intensity of the teething rash are present in the section below.
- It is important to understand that you can seriously not neglect the drooling phase but you can surely opt for the procedure which can help you in avoiding the teething rash. One such phenomenon is relatable to keeping your baby’s mouth clean.
- You should try to keep a warm soft cloth with you in order to clean the drool. The earlier you will clean the drool, the lower risk your baby will have of developing the teething rash.
- While cleaning your child’s drool, you should only dab the skin rather than rubbing. Since children have sensitive skin, therefore, rubbing of clothes could also lead to the rashes or redness on the skin.
- If your baby is drooling on a frequent basis, you should put a bib on their shirt. Thus, their shirt doesn’t get dirty. In order to avoid the chances of rashes on the neck/ chest, you should change the bib on a frequent basis. Washing bibs on a frequent basis with warm water will also help to avoid the spreading of germs/bacteria.
- During the teething phase, you shouldn’t force your child to eat the hard food because they wouldn’t be able to do so because of the inflammation on their gums. Try making the customize recipes for your babies so that they can have enough of the nutrients and can also enjoy their food.
- As a parent, this prevention tip could be a little harder but you should try to follow it. Avoid hugging, and kissing your baby because this habit could lead to the rashes on the skin due to the physical transfer of the germs.
- You should try to use the cold teething toys. You should always use the fridge for making the teething toys. Never use the freezer for the procedure because it will make the toys harder and make it difficult for the child to go through the phase.
We totally understand the fact that it is definitely hard for you to see your baby in the pain. However, you have got all the way through which you can reduce the pain by opting for the proper treatment and the prevention for your baby.
If you are looking for effective treatment, you should not opt for the treatments. Instead, you follow the stated prevention tips in order to provide the high-level relief to your little one. Please understand that the better you take care of your baby’s health during the teething procedure, the better results you will see.
Additionally, you should pay higher attention to their eating habits during this time because if they are unhealthy food items then, they are eventually getting exposed to future health issues.]
We hope that this article will help in reducing your tension to the maximum and you would be able to see your little healthy and happy again.
If you have any queries or question so leave your comments below in the section.
You can also ask our experts about any of the skin and hair related problems and our experts will get back to your pretty soon.