We are all so used to of the beautiful skin and the perfect designing that for achieving that beautiful look we are ready to bear any kind of the people. It is definitely true that getting a tattoo on your body isn’t a pain-free procedure. However, it gets extremely hard for the people to understand whether they are experiencing pain due to the tattoo or because of the tattoo rash.
Since people are unable to identify the difference between the tattoo rash and the normal tattoo pain, therefore, they tend to experience a lot of difficulties when it comes to the treatment phase.
If you have got any of your body parts tattooed and now you are experiencing extreme pain then, this article can help you in getting rid of the tattoo rash without changing the style of your tattoo.
Tattoo rash is very common in those individuals who have the sensitive skin type. If you also have the sensitive skin and suffering from the tattoo rash then, you might need to opt for the proper skin care routine in order to avoid any sort of complications.
What is Tattoo Rash?
Tattoo Rash is basically a skin condition in which skin tends to develop the red itchy spots, backed by the dry patches or the inflamed skin. The type of tattoo rash varies from person to person. It is relatively harder to examine the time or period during which a person can develop the tattoo rash because there are a number of reasons which are capable of giving birth to the reason.
Some people tend to experience the tattoo rash right after getting their skin tattooed while others tend to face it after some time.
Causes of Tattoo Rash
If you are not sure that why you have started to develop the tattoo rash then, here are some of the major causes behind the issue followed by the initial symptoms that you might have to face.
- Irritation on the Skin:
Our skin is very delicate in nature therefore, it is important to handle it in a similar manner. When our skin gets the tattoo then, it tends to get highly sensitive towards the tattoo ink which further leads to the irritation
Irritation can be caused due to a number of reasons. Sometimes, it is the ink which is disturbing the skin cells. And sometimes it is the tattoo itself which tends to make your skin look very itchy and flamed.
If you have developed the irritation due to the ink then, you will automatically get rid of such irritation in a matter of few days. However, if you have developed the tattoo rash due to the sensitive skin. Then, you might have to opt for the proper care routine in order to reduce the intensity of the pain and level of irritation on your skin. The earlier you treat the problem, the better results you will get.
Allergic Reaction to any Substance:
Some people tend to develop multiple kinds of allergies during or after the tattoo rashes. Well, we are not trying to afraid you but it’s important to understand that different people are allergic to different items and they tend to develop the allergies based on the type of your body.
If you already have a good knowledge of your skin and you know which products could cause the allergy then, you should ask the artist to avoid those products. However, if you don’t have information then, get yourself check in order to reduce the chances of future difficulties
Allergic reactions are not very dangerous in nature but you should pay attention to these because they are capable of causing a number of skin related issues.
Infection on the Skin:
Skin infection is no doubt one of the serious skin issues associated with the tattoo rash. Most of the people are unable to differentiate between the skin allergy and skin rash because they are unable to differentiate between the red patches.
Skin infection is usually very painful in nature and tends to hurt the skin internally. Whereas, the allergic reaction is time-bound and tend to go away with few remedies.
If your skin is not showing any signs of the betterment and the infection is spreading then, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible because such type of infections is capable of impacting your health in the most adverse manner.
Exposure to the Sun:
Usually, it is recommended not to go out in the scorching heat right after getting your skin tattooed. Because sun consists of the ultra-rays which are capable of making the skin more sensitive. Furthermore, it can capable of developing the tattoo rash.
If you are used to of going out in the sun and can’t take on any precautionary measure. Then, you should ask your artist to recommend any sort of cream or the sunblock which could help in avoiding the sun rays.
It is important to understand that the better you take care of your skin during the treatment phase, the more you will be able to avoid the chances of allergies or other skin problems. If the rash on your skin is not getting better even after avoiding the sun and using all the creams. Then, you might have to get yourself checked because your inflamed skin might be giving an indication of the underlying skin problem.
Symptoms of Tattoo Rash:
Some of the common symptoms which can help you in identifying the tattoo rash on your skin are discussed in the skin below:
- The initial symptom of the tattoo rash is the fever. If you have started to experience the continuous changes in the body temperature without any prior reason then, it is definitely a symptom of the tattoo rash
- Waves of hot and cold air are also one of the common symptoms
- Swelling on the tattooed skin or the inflammation
- Presence of pus on the skin or the liquid substance which is coming out of your skin
- Red bumps, patches or dryness on the skin followed by the continuous urge to rub the skin
- Blood coming out of the skin. (This symptom is the sign of the tattoo rash and also the extremely sensitive skin)
- Pain at the targeted area followed by the red lesions or puss containing bumps.
Treatment for Tattoo Rash:
The treatment for the tattoo rash varies from person to person. Some people might be able to see the effective results right after implementing the remedy whereas, some people might have to wait for the longest time in order to see the results.
Some of the remedies and OTC treatment which can help you with the process is mentioned below.
Home Remedies for Tattoo Rash:
- Properly clean your skin with the help of the antiseptic lotion. Make sure that the lotion is potentially free from the fragments or another sort of chemicals. You should remember the fact that chemicals can be highly damaging to your skin. Furthermore, they are capable of making the situation more worse, therefore, you are supposed to be highly careful with everything
- Once you have properly cleaned your skin with the help of the dry cloth. Then, you can use the combination of coconut oil and lavender oil for reducing the intensity of the rash. Lavender oil will help in calming down the inflamed cells while coconut oil will help in fighting against all the bacteria
- Take cold water and soak your skin in the water at least for the 10 minutes. This remedy will help with the bleeding matter. You should remember the fact that it is hard to cure the tattoo rash without properly controlling the bleeding. Once the bleeding is controlled then, you can easily apply the cream and wait for the skin to get back to its normal state
- Use petroleum jelly or other moisturizers for keeping the area moisturized. Petroleum jelly will also help in fighting the dry patches and can regulate the working of the pores
- Keep the area open for as long as possible because air-dry is the best remedy to cure the tattoo rashes and other issues related to the skin tattoos.
It is hard to recommend only one OTC treatment for the tattoo rash because of the difference in the skins. Usually, doctors recommend the patients to opt for the anti-bacterial creams and the lotions which are free from the fragments and the chemicals.
You should use all the creams after properly cleaning the affected area with the help of the dry cloth. Because it will help in clearing all the parts of the blood and germs from the skin. You can use the dry cloth dipped in the mild water for proper cleaning.
Some of the prevention tips for tattoo rash which can make the treatment process more effective. They are shared in the section below.
- Once you have got your skin tattooed then, don’t leave the bandage for the very long time. You should remove the bandage after 3 to 5 hours depending on the nature of your skin. If you have the sensitive skin. Then, you are expected to leave the bandage for the longest time. And those people who have the normal skin type then follow the above tip.
- Don’t forget to properly clean your skin after removing the bandage. You should use the recommended antiseptic in order to get rid of the chemicals. Moreover to prevent from other kinds of germs transferred during the process.
- If the bleeding is getting out of the hands after removing the bandage. Then, consult your doctor as soon as possible. Because the longer you leave your hand unattended, the more you will get exposed to the chances of developing the tattoo rash and the infection
- Make sure that your artist has licensed person from the known parlor and have proper information about the tattoo phases. You should never compromise your skin just for the sake of saving a few dollars. Because your skin is more important and if you decide to waste it then, you should be ready for all the adversities
- Also, make sure that your tattoo artist is following all the safety measures. The artist must follow the safety tips before applying the ink or needles on your skin. You can ask them to use the newer or sterilized needle and seal open it in front of you.
We totally understand the fact that it is pretty difficult for you to opt for proper treatment. Because when it comes to the skin and sensitivity. Then, it gets hard for the person to bear the pain and apply the creams which could provide the relief.
It is important to understand that tattoo rash isn’t a very common thing for all the people. Therefore, if you don’t have a sensitive skin type. And you are still getting the tattoo rashes on the continuous basis. Then, you should decide to opt for the proper care routine. Because the better you monitor your skin, the better results you will be able to get.
The tattoo is usually treated as a beauty symbol. And if you want to keep this beauty alive for the longest period of time. Then, you are no doubt supposed to opt for the preventions tips. Tips which are formulated for making your life super easier.
We hope that this guide will effectively help you in healing the tattoo rash. And could keep your beautiful tattoo intact for the longest time.
Any thoughts or queries? Feel free to ask away by leaving your comments below. If you are suffering from any kind of skin or hair related issue and wanted a rapid solution. Then, comment your query below and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.