To know about tanning bed rash, it won’t be wrong to state that the new definition of beauty is all about embracing our imperfections. And showing the world that beauty is not always about flawless skin, perfectly glammed body and the incomparable look. For embracing the very same statement, people tend to opt for different technique through which they could display that “flawless” isn’t “beautiful” always.
A tanning bed is one of the beauty and health hacks which helps the people in telling the world. That they are happy with their tanned skin. Usually tan is considered as the symbol of health because it denotes that your body consists of the needed Vitamin C and it’s potentially free from the muscles and other underlying problems.
If you live in a hotter region then, getting a natural tan isn’t a big deal for you. However, if you live in a country which is known for their colder weather all year around then, you might need to opt for the tanning bed option.
Although, this the tanning bed technique is pretty great. When it comes to the health benefits you should never forget the fact that excess of everything is bad for you. The excess use of the tanning bed could result in the rashes commonly known as tanning bed rashes.
Tanning bed rashes are usually very irritating. Because they are itchy, consists of the smaller red bumps and makes the skin extremely dry. If you are also suffering from the tanning bed rashes and looking for the viable treatment which could effectively help you in getting rid of these rashes then, you need to dig deeper into this article.
What is Tanning Bed Rash?
Tanning Bed Rash is basically the skin rash which can be caused due to a number of reasons. The major reason behind the tanning bed rash is the excessive or inappropriate use of the tanning bed. For instance, if you have just got back from your tanning bed salon and you have discovered some rashes on your body then, you need to opt for some of the remedies which could help you in getting rid of these rashes.
However, if you live in a hotter country then, you might develop the tanning rashes. Due to the excessive exposure to the sun.
Tanning bed rash isn’t associated with any of the internal health issues. They are totally part of the cosmetic treatment and can be treated with the help of a few remedies. If we try to elaborate the entire structure of the tanning bed rash. Then, these rashes are bumpy in texture, consists of the red small spots and are highly itchy when it comes to the sensation.
Usually, it is better to opt for the home-remedies because they tend to work around your skin and heal it in a natural manner. The OTC medicines are capable of providing the solution. But they usually come with certain side-effects which can impact your body in a negative manner.
Causes of Tanning Bed Rash?
Tanning bed rashes are usually caused due to the overuse of the tanning bed without any appropriate guidance. However, there is also some underlying causes which are capable of triggering the overall mechanism.
Dry and Sensitive Skin:
If you have extremely dry and sensitive skin. Then, you are highly exposed to the danger of developing the tanning bed rash during the tanning process.
Sensitive skin tends to catch the rays at a higher speed as compared to another skin type thus leading to rashes, red patches, and bumpy texture.
Inappropriate Supply of Light and Heat:
Salons and institutes which are unaware of the skin nature usually tend to provide an equal level of light and heat to the individuals. During the tanning process which ultimately results in the rashes.
The inappropriate supply of heat makes the skin drier. Thus trigger it to develop the red spots which make the skin vulnerable and highly sensitive.
The Overdose of UV:
It is important to understand that UV rays present in the tanning beds are much more dangerous than the natural UV rays. Therefore, there should be a right balance between the two. If the gym instructor has decided to provide the 50% of the rays during the tanning process. Then, you should avoid the natural UV rays from the sun because it will ultimately result in the overdose.
One of the major reasons behind the tanning bed rash is an overdose of the UV rays. Because most of the people tend to take the tanning bath. Then, they decide to walk in the sun without any precautionary measures which result in the dryer and highly sensitive skin.
Treatment for Tanning Bed Rash?
As tanning bed rash is a skin condition which requires extra care, therefore, you are expected to opt for the treatments. Which could help you in getting rid of the rashes without being excessively heavier on your pocket.
We would always advise you to go for the home remedies while looking at your skin. Because home-remedies for tanning bed rash are potentially free from all sort of the harmful impacts and can make your skin appear smoother and healthier than ever before.
Some of the tanning bed rash remedies discussed below are highly effective. Because they not only aim to cure the skin. But they also aim to heal all those underlying problems which are capable of making your skin extremely sensitive.
Aloe Vera Mixture:
Aloe Vera is one the best natural ingredients which effectively helps in fighting against the bacteria present in our skin and healing the skin without causing any sort of allergy. For making this mixture, you need to:
- Take 2 tbsp of Aloe Vera Gel and 1 tbsp of natural honey.
- Properly blend the mixture until it is transformed into the smooth texture
- Now apply the mixture to the targeted area and leave it at least for the 20 minutes.
- Now take the cold water and wipe the area with the soft cloth. If you cannot wipe the area then, take a proper bath with the cold water for the best results
- Repeat the step every day until the bumps start dissolving and skin start getting to its normal texture.
Take the Oatmeal Bath:
Oatmeal can seriously work as the magical ingredient for all those people who are going through the pain of tanning bed rashes. Oatmeal consists of the heal capabilities which tend to normalize your skin while killing the potential chances of bacteria. For oatmeal bath you need to:
- Take one patch of the raw natural oatmeal and properly blend it into the coffee spinner
- Now take a tub of cold water and mix the oatmeal into the water,
- Now soak yourself into the tub. It is recommended to soak yourself at least for the 8-10 minutes so that your body could get the right amount of relaxation
- You should repeat the soaking steps at least 3 times a week so that you can get the best results and get rid of the tanning bed rashes.
Use Natural Moisturizers:
One of the major reasons behind the tanning bed rash is the drying of our skin. If you want to get rid of the tanning bed rash. Then, you seriously need to increase the overall use of the natural moisturizers so that your skin could get enough supply of the sebum.
For best results, you are advised using the natural and essential oils. Use tea tree or lavender oil. Soak the cotton pad into the oil and pat it on the targeted area for reducing the irritation.
Use Cold Compressors:
Cold compressors are basically the devices which are used in extreme cases for reducing the tanning bed rashes from the skin.
If you have a cold compressor at home and you are well aware of its use. Then, you are free to use this machine for calming your skin down and curing the rashes.
Although the tanning bed rashes can be treated with the help of home remedies. Therefore, it is not very important to opt for medical treatment unless the condition is serious. Some of the OTC medicines can help you in healing the skin and getting rid of the bumpy patches.
Benadryl is one of the common medicines which is usually recommended by the doctors in order to kill the chances of potential fungus inside the created bump. If recommended by the doctor, you can also opt for the Vistaril and Atarax. Because it helps in controlling the itching sensation inside the skin.
It is highly advised that you take the proper recommendation from your doctor before opting for any of the OTC medicines. Because it is important to understand that not all the medicines are suitable for the people. And they could also lead to some of the adverse impacts such as malfunctioning with the skin cells. Increasing the blood pressure level and other medical issues.
Prevention is always better than the cure!
If you want to avoid the chances of tanning bed rashes. Then you need to follow some of the mentioned preventions.
- If you have started to develop the tanning bed rash then, you must avoid taking the tanning bath for at least a week or two. As rashes make our skin extremely sensitive, therefore, it is better to take the precautionary measure.
- If you want to avoid the chances of tanning bed rash then, make sure you are visiting the right salon for the bath. Sometimes, the low-quality beds and the entire treatment procedure make your body vulnerable and increase the chances of developing rashes.
- It is better to properly wipe the surface of the tanning bed with the hypoallergenic wipes in order to avoid the chances of developing rashes. As the tanning beds are used by a number of people. Therefore, it is always a good idea to use high-quality hypoallergenic wipes for cleaning purposes.
- Avoid getting out in the sun after the tanning bed rash. The exposure to the sun can make the situation for you. Even if you are forced to go out then, you should decide to use the extreme sunblocks. Which could control the exposure to the UV rays.
- Try to take a bath with the cold water so that you could avoid the itchy feeling.
- Don’t use the creams which consists of the high intensity of chemicals as they can make your sure worst and could force the rashes to stay for the longest period of the time.
- Try to keep your skin moisturized with the help of the high-quality moistures. Sometimes the rashes are also caused due to the dry texture of your skin. You are free to use any of the moisturizers. However, it is recommended to opt for the medicated ones for effective results.
We totally understand the fact that it is hard to let go of your daily beauty routine. Because it adds up to your entire look but if you want to get rid of the tanning bed rashes. Then, you are expected to discontinue the use of the tanning bed so that your skin could get some relaxation time.
If you are suffering from the extreme issue of tanning bed rashes. Then, you are expected to visit the doctor as soon as possible. Because our skin is pretty sensitive and it needs to be get treated at the right time in order to avoid future difficulties.
Additionally, if you are applying any ointments on your skin then, don’t forget to do the testing for checking the compliance of the cream with your skin.
It is important to understand that tanning bed rash isn’t a very big deal. But you still need to be very careful. If you have any query related to the skin or hair. Then, feel free to write your problem below in the comment section and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.