It’s interesting to see that a lot of people suffer from the scalp related issues such as dandruff, itchiness and oily scalp but still choose not to talk about them because they think it’s quite embarrassing and some people don’t even know that how to keep scalp moisturized.
There is a major issue in people that how to keep scalp moisturized and keep their hairs dandruff free. Majority of the people are always very negligent about the beauty of their scalp. As scalp requires no touch-ups and glamour. Therefore, we are not very interested in paying attention to our scalp. Why are scalp issues still treated as a taboo whereas we are happy to consult people about our skin problems? The research indicates that our skin especially our face is the part of our beauty feature whereas our scalp is the hidden area and considered as least glamorous part.
We believe that it’s the high time to break the stereotype because if you fail to take a proper care of your scalp then, you are basically hurting your hair. When people are faced with the hair-related issues, they tend to put the blame on their eating habits and daily tough schedule. However, they forget the fact that the main cause is linked to their scalp. Today, we are going to make sure that scalp is no more a big or embarrassing issue for anyone of you.
Importance Of Scalp Moisturizing:
It is important to understand that problematic roots grow from the same scalp from where the healthy hair grows. Naturally, we are blessed with the system in which our dead skin cells tend to renew themselves without causing any pains or damages. However, our environment is full of pollutants which are capable of damaging our hair and scalp in the most adverse manner. Since our scalp is hard to reach and damages cannot be seen with the eye, therefore, most of the people tend to ignore their scalp resulting in the oily scalp, itchiness, dryness and other problems related to the hair.
If you are really interested in getting rid of all these problems. Then, you are no doubt supposed to set a proper routine in which you could properly moisturize your scalp and protect it against all sort of potential problems.
Every scalp consists of the different type of skin and if you fail to keep up with the proper hair-care routine. Then, you might be forcing your scalp to lose its natural worth. Thus leading to hair thinning and damage.
Some of the other important reasons behind scalp moisturizing are stated as follows:
- Proper Scalp Moisturizing promotes the better hair growth.
- Reduces the chances of damaged hair follicles a falling of dead-skin cells.
- Keep your scalp clean by working out on the pores. It also reduces the blockage of pores.
- Promotes the better blood circulation which further helps in the circulation of vitamins throughout the scalp.
- Helps you in getting rid of a number of hair-related issues such as dandruff and tenderness.
The following factors clearly state that how important it is for a person to properly moisturize their scalp in the right manner. We should never forget the fact that prevention is always better than the cure.
How to Keep Scalp Moisturized?
Once you are aware of the importance of moisturizing your scalp then, next step is all about finding the right way that how to keep scalp moisturized. It is important to understand that different people consist of different types of skin.
If you want to find the most relevant moisturizing strategy then, we would recommend you to perform the testing before opting for the entire treatment. The testing would help you in understanding the sensitivity of your skin and opting for the treatment which could produce the best results.
Some of the best yet highly-effective ways of moisturizing the scalp are discussed as below. Dig in and find the most relevant one for yourself.
Oiling your Scalp:
If you are thinking that there is going to be a magical hair product which will help you with the moisturizing process then, you are very, very wrong. You must consider the fact that chemical-based products only claims to provide the best results. However, when it comes to actuality then, such products literally fails to deliver the best because they are made up of some of the extreme chemicals.
Oiling your scalp will not only allow you to moisturize your scalp in the right manner. It will also facilitate in promoting the best hair growth. If you are suffering from the hair problems like dryness, dandruff and itchiness then, nothing could help you better than a natural oil.
According to the researcher, the oiling has a multi-dimensional effect which could never be neglected. Moisturizing the scalp in reducing the frizziness from the hair, prevent the chances of pore blockage and also facilitates in the strengthening of the hair roots without causing a lot of damage to your pocket.
It’s true that the best hair styling product is capable of providing all of the mentioned benefits. But it will also force you for spending a lot of money.
How To Oil Your Scalp:
- For oiling purposes, take any hair oil of your choice. Coconut, Olive and Jojoba oil tends to provide the best results.
- Pour few drops of oil in your palm and rub them over your head.
- Now take your fingers and keeping massaging them over your scalp.
- Repeat the step at least for the 5-10 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your scalp at least for 60-30 minutes before taking a bath.
- It’s better to oil your scalp twice or thrice a week for best results.
Exfoliate Your Scalp:
If you want to achieve the healthy scalp which is potentially free from all sort of hair relates issues then, you need to exfoliate your scalp very seriously. Exfoliation is the process through which all the dead skin cells on the head are shedding off.
Although our body is naturally capable of removing all the dead skin cells. However, you might need to take help from the physical as well as some of the chemical exfoliators in order to achieve the best results.
Proper moisturizing backed by the exfoliation helps you in getting rid of the unwanted dandruff particles, flakes, and greasy hair. Most of the researchers hold the opinions that scalp exfoliation not only helps with the scalp problems. It also allows you to get rid of the unwanted stress, pain, and obviously dead skin cells.
If you are totally convinced by the fact that exfoliation is highly important for your scalp. Then you might need to look out for the ways of performing it which are discussed below.
- For the best results, we would recommend you to use the natural ways. However, if you are suffering from the extreme cases. Then, you can opt for a number of products with natural extracts which promise to deliver the best results.
- Right after the bath, part your hair into two.
- Now take the conditioner and a comb. Start moving the comb in a circular direction over your head.
- Keep repeating the steps at least for the 5 to 10 minutes after the bath.
- This entire process will make your hair stronger and will help in reducing the chances of tenderness and oily scalp.
- It’s better to exfoliate your scalp at least twice a week. Moreover, if you are using the chemical products then, follow the instructions about usage for the best results.
- If you have the tender or sensitive skin then, you are requested to exfoliate your head only once a week. Because the continuous exfoliation might increase the level of sensitivity.
Select The Best Shampoo & Conditioner:
We totally understand the fact that not all people are always satisfied with the natural treatments and the remedies. While considering the moisturizing steps, your first priority should be the natural treatment. Because it is free from all sort of potential chemicals and imposes no harm to your hair.
If you are not interested in using the natural remedies. Then, you can easily use some high-quality shampoo and conditioners. You can either use your favorite shampoo once you are done with the oiling phase or you can use your conditioner during the exfoliating phase in order to achieve the most desirable results.
Before you opt for any remedy. Don’t forget to check whether that treatment or remedy is working perfectly with your hair or not. If you have sensitive skin then, you might have to select the appropriate conditioner and shampoo. Additionally, people with delicate scalp are also requested to use the soft comb during the exfoliation steps. Because harder comb might cause the reddishness on your head.
Home-Remedies & Tips For A Scalp Healthy:
Some of the home remedies which could help you in performing the task and keeping your hair healthier are discussed in the section below. These remedies will surely help your hair in appearing fuller and shinier than ever before.
Lemon & Olive Oil:
If you want your hair to look perfect and shinier than ever before. Then, you need to get your hands on the lemon and olive oil massager because it is capable of doing wonders for your hair. For making this mixture, you need to follow the following steps.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Lemon and few drops of water. Mix them together.
- Now take 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and mix it with the water/lemon.
- Now massage the mixture with your fingers over your head and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Properly wash your head with a shampoo.
Give Your Head The Egg Massage:
Egg Mixture is another great massager which could help you in moisturizing your head in the most appropriate manner.
- Take one egg yolk and mash it properly.
- Now take one tablespoon on the yogurt and mix it with the egg yolk.
- Now apply the mixture of your scalp and leave it at least for 20 minutes.
- Properly wash your head with shampoo for best results.
You Need To Cut On Some Products:
For the best results and lesser damage, you surely need to cut on some of the hair styling and so-called hair-care products. As these products consist of a good amount of chemical. Therefore, you should reduce the usage in order to keep your hair and scalp healthier.
Set Your Routine Right Away:
If you are not using any of the chemical or natural products and mixtures. Then, you might need to set the proper hair-care routine. Try to exfoliate your head once a week in order to reduce the chances of dryness or a greasy scalp.
There is certainly no doubt in the fact that it’s hard for everyone to take out some time from their routine and dedicate it to their hair. But if you fail to do so. Then, you should prepare yourself for not so good results. You must consider the fact that if you are not taking a perfect care of your scalp. Then, you are basically hurting your hair. We don’t force you to work on your scalp on daily basis but you should be able to set a routine in order to reduce the chance of adversities.
Additionally, if you are really not interested in performing the steps by yourself and you can also afford to pay a few dollars to other people for performing the task. Then, you can easily take a help from the hair professionals who are known for providing hair-care services. So what are you planning to do? Don’t forget to make us aware of your final decision by leaving your comments below.
If you are suffering from any sort of the hair and skin related issues. Then, you can comment your query below and our skin experts will get back to you in a while.