Nobody can enjoy his or her life with an itchy scalp. It is one of the worst and bad scalp conditions that may disturb your personal as well as official life. You may start to feel embarrassment and irritation due to continuous itching on your scalp. Unless this condition is chronic, lice are often the first concern when your scalp will suddenly start to itch. Lice are extremely contagious and common issue, so it is really important to find the difference between lice vs dandruff Scalp to prevent it from the unexpected spreading of lice vs dandruff.
Lice vs Dandruff Scalp:
Dandruff is the most common issue that affects more than 50% of people from the general population. It became a cause by the excessive production of the dead skin cells that will become itchy and flaky.
It is a self-contain issue that will not spread to the other. On the other hand, lice are an issue that can spread to other people around you. Dandruff will target the scalp that has either oily scalps or overly dry that can also become a cause of scaly scalp and the white flaky particles will start to appear on your scalp.
On the other hand, lice are highly contagious parasites that will look like the tiny white bugs. If you leave them untreated, they can spread more and more every day all around your scalp and become a cause of itchy scalp. This itchy scalp will irritate you a lot, and you will feel that they are crawling around and lay eggs. It is the main reason due to which the lice can spread easily, and another person around you may also face this problem. It can infect another head through the head to head contact. Infect most of the children between the ages of 3 to 11 years become infected by the lice each year due to participating at school as well as any other activity.
How to Tell About Their Difference:
The best way to find and tell the difference between lice vs dandruff is that you will not be able to brush out the lice. They will adhere to the hairs with cement just like blundering agents which is difficult to remove without using any special tool such as the comb used to remove the lice. They are different in look as compare to other commonly used combs. On the other hand, dandruff can be appearing and can come out when you will comb your hairs. So it this is one of the best ways through which you can easily tell about the difference and find the issue.
Finding the issue first will help you a lot to protect your scalp from further lice spreading and also the itching because of lice vs dandruff. According to my personal experience and research, I’ve collected a lot of information that will help you a lot to know more about these both things and treatment for them.
You may need to take some immediate action instead of taking it easy because it can become the cause of severe issue for you if you do not fix it on time.
A Form Of Lice:
Three different forms of lice can attack your scalp. Here we are going to tell you about these forms because it will help you to know more about it. These forms are:
- They are also known as nits, the eggs of lice are sometimes hard to see and to make a difference between the lice vs dandruff that spread on your hairs. They are small and white specks that can be found at the base of your hairs, and when you try to pull it, your hairs may also pull.
- When the eggs of lice hatch, they will release the nymphs. The shells of lice eggs will still be attached to your hairs that won’t remove until you pull them out. These shells can convert into the dull yellow shades. The nymphs released by lice eggs will look tiny as well as tan-colored. It will grow into an adult just in few days.
- The adult lice are big, and they have six legs, each with a claw and are tan to in greyish-white color. They are no bigger than the size of a sesame The adult lice can grow quickly and lay more than five eggs in each day, and they will leave in more than 30 days.
These are different forms of the lice that you can find in your hairs and can use special comb or shampoo to remove them from your hairs. If you do not remove them, they will spread all around your scalp within a few days.
Causes of Lice vs Dandruff:
Every scalp fungus, infection or issues have different causes that may convert into harmful results. Here we are going to tell you some different causes of lice vs dandruff issue that will help you to know more about it. The causes of both issues are different from each other.
Lice are the parasitic lice that will crawl and can spread all around your scalp as well as to the other people around you through the head to head contact. The lice can crawl onto:
- Your items such as hats, combs or hair accessories as well.
There can be different causes that can become c cause of lice in your hairs. These causes can be:
- Not washing your hairs after completing your workout because the sweat after a workout can become a cause of lice.
- Not washing your hairs continuously 2 or 3 days especially in the summer season.
- Having a person at home who has lice in his or her hairs.
- Not wearing hats or caps while you are doing the job at a school or any other activity with children.
These causes can become a cause of lice in your head and can irritate you. So you need to take care of the above-given things.
The Dandruff is a noninflammatory and non-contagious skin condition. Excessively the oily and dry skin, genetic factors or common skin yeast can become a cause of dandruff on your scalp.
The dandruff is typically affected the young adults as well as adolescents, but the children or the older adults can also face the issue of flaky dandruff on your scalp. Cradle cap is another type of dandruff which is most common in babies or newborns. There are different causes of dandruff:
- Using sensitive hair products that become a cause of dryness on your scalp.
- Different skin conditions such as eczema on the scalp or seborrheic dermatitis on your scalp.
- The overgrown thing of yeast just like a fungus can also become a cause of dandruff.
- People with dry scalp can also face the dandruff issue.
- Consuming enough food that contains zinc, vitamin B and some other type of fats that are helpful to keep your scalp moisturized.
- Mental stress can become a cause of many scalp conditions issues such as dandruff.
- Age is another factor of dandruff.
- Disturbance in the hormones can become a cause of dandruff.
- You can also face dandruff due to the dry scalp in the winter season.
These are causes can become a cause of dandruff on your scalp that’s why it is important to protect your scalp from these type of issues.
Symptoms will help you know more about the difference between lice vs dandruff. There can cause different symptoms due to which you can diagnose the issue.
Symptoms for lice in hairs may contain different thing such as
- The feeling of continues itching on your scalp
- You can see some small and white specks attached with your hairs. Or you may also see the small insects on your scalp
- You will feel that something is crawling on your scalp that becomes a cause of itching and irritation.
Some of the symptoms for dandruff are similar to the lice symptoms, but both conditions are quite different from each other. The symptoms for dandruff are:
- Small white flaky spots on the scalp.
- You may face continuous itching.
- The flacks will drop while you comb or brush your hairs.
These are some common symptoms that you will find when there will be the issues of dandruff.
You do not need to worry about the lice vs dandruff problem. Because now you can get rid of them easily by applying some treatments.
Lice can transfer from person to another person that is a major cause of their spreading that’s why it is really important to treat them on time and make you safe from the further scalp ringworm or infections.
Medicate shampoo is one of the best ways to treat the lice issue. These shampoos contain different properties such as pyrethrin as well as permethrin that will help to kill the nits, lice and even the adult’s life. It is recommended for the children of 2 years or also for the adults.
You can wash your hairs again after7 or 10 days to make sure that the lice are dead and no more in your hairs.
To apply the treatment you may need to follow some important things such as:
- Remove the cloths that may become wet, or you may get any stain on it during this treatment.
- Apply the medicated shampoo on your hairs according to the given instruction that you can find on the bottle of shampoo. You may need to purchase one more bottle if your hairs are long.
- Check for the live lice after 8 or 12 hours after applying the medicated shampoo. With the help of a fine tooth comb out the dead lice.
We recommend you to continue using the shampoo if you will not properly get rid of the lice because sometimes it may take time to get rid of it. Apply this treatment again after 7 or 9 days according to the given instructions. If you will find that the lice are still crawling on your scalp.
Medication is another way to get rid of dandruff; you may need to take OTC or prescription medication to get rid of lice. This medication may contain on following:
- 1% of the permethrin lotion that is available in OTC.
- 5% of the benzyl alcohol lotion according to the prescription.
- 5% of the malathion lotion according to the prescription.
- Pyrethrins that is available in OTC.
- 5% of the ivermectin lotion according to the prescription.
- 9% of the spinosad topical suspension.
Home remedies is another best way to get rid of lice at home without purchasing and using any other product from the market that may become a cause of another risk or damage.
Removal of lice needs more work to get rid of it. You should ensure that all the tiny insects and their eggs destroy completely.
- Wash the bedding, towels and your clothes in warm water and dry them with the help of high heat setting it will help to kill the lice if any.
- Vacuumed the upholstered carpet as well as furniture.
- Bag up your stuff toys or animals for at least three days. Because in this situation any remaining lice will die due to the lake of food.
Dandruff is another common issue that most of the people are facing now a day. Here’s treatment that will help to get rid of dandruff:
Shampoo or Conditioner:
Shampoo or Conditioner are two main part of your daily life, and they both can become a cause of dandruff if it will not according to your scalp skin type. You can manage the dandruff issue with the help of special shampoos that is design and available in the market to slow down the process of skin-shedding and also to treat the fungal infection that can become a cause of flacks on your scalp.
Purchase shampoo that will contain on salicylic acid, selenium sulfide, coal tar or ketoconazole. Use this shampoo or conditioner daily to control the severe issue of weekly to control the minor issues.
Some home remedies will help you to get rid of this situation.
- How to keep scalp moisturized? It Is an important question. To keep your scalp moisturized, you need to apply oil on your head such as tea tree oil or olive oil. Oily scalp will help you to get rid of dandruff.
- Use Aloe vera gel too for moisturizing and to get a healthy scalp.
- Mix apple cider vinegar in water and apply on your scalp to get rid of dandruff.