Ingrown hairs on scalp is a common issue that may become a cause of severe infection such as cyst on your scalp. A scalp bump with the hair trap can happen when the sharp edges of your hair grow sideways bake or downwards cutting into the hair follicle of your skin.
As you know that it is a common issue and it will not give any alarm to grow. If it converts into an infection just like cyst then you should need to concern your doctor and get a proper treatment on time instead of waiting for it.
According to some experts, acne on the scalp is a common thing that may appear in the result of ingrown hairs on scalp. The ingrown hairs will not be harmful to you until it will convert into any scalp yeast infection or cyst. It can become worst if you do not treat such type of scalp issue on time.
This problem is most common in the black man who shaves their head or facial hairs. It can affect the person who removes their hairs with the help of waxing, shaving or tweezing as well.
You can deal with ingrown hairs easily without any treatment. You just need to avoid the ingrown hairs by not removing your hairs with the help of shaving, waxing or tweezing as well. If it is not possible for you then you should use any other method of removing hairs that may not become a cause of ingrown hairs otherwise you may face this issue again and again. When this problem converts into a harmful situation, you may face a pain and itchy scalp that will badly impact your life. It can become a cause of harm for both of your scalp as well as your hairs. So, do not take it easy and get a treatment on time.
According to my personal experience and research, there are many things about ingrown hairs that is important for you to know. That will help you more to know about the ingrown hairs on scalp its causes, symptoms, and solutions as well.
Causes Of Ingrown Hairs On Scalp:
Ingrown hairs can have several causes that may be harmful to your skin. It is important to know about them because it will help you to prevent yourself from any kind of scalp skin damage. Here we are going to discuss some causes:
- Ingrown hairs are the problem that most of the people are facing especially the people with coarse or curly hairs is going through this issue due to their hair type. Curly hairs are different in looks they are mostly re-entered into the skin or maybe bend back especially when you cut or shave them.
- People who have a great level of sex hormones may face the issue of excessive hair growth in different areas of their body including their scalp. It will also become a cause of ingrown hairs on scalp especially when they shave their scalp.
- Razor bump is another cause of ingrown hair, most of the people. Who have thick or curly hairs can develop a specific type of ingrown hairs on scalp. Which is known as pseudofolliculitis or razor bumps as well. This is a collection of bumps on your scalp or beard that will start to appear after shaving, tweezing or waxing these areas. It may also appear after removing the unwanted hairs from your scalp. The hairs that will grow with sharp edges on your scalp can easily poke back and get trap into the surface of your scalp skin.
These are the main causes due to which a person can face an ingrown hair issue that may convert into a harmful condition if it doesn’t get treated on time. So you should take it seriously if you feel that it is not normal.
Symptoms Of Ingrown Hairs On Scalp:
What are the signs and symptoms of an ingrown hair? It is one of the most important questions that will help you to get a healthy scalp. Ingrown hairs can be a result of trapping hairs into your scalp skin especially in males who use a razor on their scalp to remove hair. They will start to get bumps on their scalp due to removing their hairs. This issue is most common in males as compared to females.
In females, this issue mostly appears in their armpits of private areas as well. There can be several signs and symptoms of ingrown hairs that will help you to identify or diagnose an issue that you may face in the result of such scalp conditions. These symptoms can:
- Dark or red spots on the scalp that will appear on the center bump where the trapped hair may grow.
- You may face pain or itching on your scalp. Sometime due to continuous scratching, you may also face bleeding.
- Pink or red color scalp bumps that will show an inflammation over there.
- They may appear as a tiny pimple on your scalp that may become a cause of damage over there.
- If the ingrown hairs on scalp are infected then you may face the bumps. Which will be filled with pus and can spread all around your head.
If it doesn’t get treated in time you may face any severe scalp condition. So do not take it easy and concern with your doctor if you found it difficult to manage. Your doctor will diagnose the issue as well as its causes and give you a better treatment under his or her guideline.
Preventions for Ingrown Hairs On Scalp:
The prevention will help to reduce the risk factors of ingrown hairs that will never damage your scalp skin or become a cause of scalp fungus or infection. To prevent your hairs from ingrown hairs you must need to avoid the waxing, shaving as well as tweezing. If you don’t avoid these things then you should follow the given preventions. It will also help you to keep your scalp secure from ingrown hairs. These preventions are:
- Avoid doing the close shaves.
- Use warm water to clean your scalp skin and use a cleanser before shaving your head.
- Rinse your blade before each time you shave your scalp.
- Do not try to pull your skin when you are shaving your head.
- Wash your skin after shaving and apply the best scalp moisturizer to prevent it from ingrown hairs.
- Shave your scalp in a proper direction and do not pull out your hairs.
- Apply lubricant shaving gels as well as creams on your scalp before shaving your head. It will help to grow smooth and silky hairs on your scalp.
- Whenever you shave your head must use a sharp razor over there. According to some studies, the double razor is best to prevent your scalp from ingrown hairs.
- Do not wear any tight cap or hat on your head, allow your scalp to breath.
- Do not rub your scalp too much because it can become a cause of pain or bleed on your scalp.
There are some other hair removal methods that will help you to prevent yourself from ingrown hairs that may give you pain.
Chemical Hair Removers:
The products that may contain on chemicals will increase the chances of ingrown hairs. So you just need to test a specific and small area first. Then you have to apply it on your whole scalp.
Electric Clipper or Razor:
It is another thing that becomes a cause of ingrown hairs. So you just need to avoid using the closest settings of the shave and or holding the clipper or razor slightly away from your scalp skin.
Cream That Decrease Hair Loss:
A product that is known as eflornithine is a cream that will reduce the regrowth of your hairs. When you will combine it with other removal methods just like using laser therapy to remove hairs.
These preventions are considered really important for the patients. Who is suffering from ingrown hair condition on the scalp and help to get rid of it?
Treatment for the Ingrown Hairs On Scalp:
Most of the time the ingrown hairs will heal by itself you do not need to do anything. But sometimes it can convert into the worst situation that can badly damage your scalp skin. You may start to face itchy scalp or scalp ringworm or any other infection that will become a cause of irritation for you. According to my personal experience and research, I’ve found some treatments that are great to deal with ingrown hairs. These treatments can:
- Using Topical antibiotic on the infected areas.
- Using hair removal laser.
- Use of chemical depilatories.
- The medical removal of the ingrown hairs by pulling out hairs.
- Using shaving techniques that are improved.
You can also get the combination of therapy to get the quick and best results. It will depend on your scalp condition. You just need to consult with the medical specialist that will identify the problem and then give you a treatment to get rid of it.
There are some vitamin capsules and other medications that will help you to deal with scalp ingrown hair in a better way. But remember one thing that do not use any medication without your doctor’s permission. Otherwise, you may face some severe scalp condition. So talking advice is better instead of taking the risk. The doctor will understand the scalp type and condition and will recommend the medication according to your scalp type. They will check that either you have an oily scalp or dry scalp. These two types are really essential to recognize before getting any treatment.
Home Remedies For Ingrown Hairs On Scalp:
Home Remedies are a great solution to get treatment without going anywhere. You can use natural ingredients on your scalp when you will feel that you are dealing with ingrown hairs on scalp.
Lemongrass is the best home remedy that is essential to clean your scalp skin naturally. Steaming of your scalp with lemongrass will help you to deal with the issue of ingrown hairs and your skin will become smoother.
These steps will help you to implement this home remedy.
- Prepare an amount of lemongrass and crush it in a water then boil this water.
- When the water will boil take a towel and cover your head that will help to absorb the steam on your scalp. Which is healthy to stop ingrown hairs.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then remove the towel from your scalp and wash your hairs with water.
Use Sugar Scrub:
Sugar is considered one of the best hair scrubs that will keep your scalp smooth and healthy. It is a natural ingredient to stop the ingrown hairs. It will help to exfoliate your skin, remove the dead skin cells and the ingrown hairs will easily come out form your scalp.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to get your healthy skin back.
- Mix a cup of white sugar with one and a half cup of olive oil, tea tree oil or coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on the infected area of your scalp and scrub it gently in a circular motion.
- Do it for few minutes and then wash your hairs with water and use an organic or medicated shampoo. You will see the results in a few days.
Rice Water & Aloe Vera Gel:
Rice water contains high vitamins that will make your skin more smooth and flexible. To apply it please follows the given steps.
- Take rice water in a pot and leave it for few minutes to set then remove its upper part an keep the settling under the pot.
- Use the Aloe Vera gel and mix it with rice water it will become the best scalp mask.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes after that wash your hairs with shampoo and water.
- Must apply this remedy until you do not get rid of it.
These home remedies will help you a lot to solve the issue of ingrown hairs on scalp. But if you feel that the situation is getting worst then you should concern with your doctor,