Rash behind ear are very irritating for all the people regardless of their age and gender. It won’t be wrong to state that it is pretty hard to control the presence of rash behind ear. Because such rashes tend to cause due to a number of reasons such as excessive moisture or other environmental factors.
Rash behind ear are always painful because they force to you rub the area on a constant basis. Thus leading to an embarrassing situation. It is relatively easier to treat the rashes on your armpit or the ankles than rash behind the ear.
Our ear consists of the softer and extremely sensitive skin. Which tends to get impacted even by the slightest of the damage. Most of the people tend to neglect the rash behind ear considering it as a part of daily routine. However, the majority of the experts believe that rash behind ear can be dangerous as compared to other types of the rashes.
If you are suffering from the rash behind the ear. Or you have started to observe little itching behind your ear. Then, you might need to dig deeper into this article. Because today we will be discussing some very important information which could help you in solving some major problem in the one go.
With the help of our experts, we have compiled the extensive and most accurate information. This information is based on the causes which trigger the birth of rash behind the ears. The potential herbal, as well as the OTC treatment, proper prevention tips and a help, guide. So that you can get rid from this problem without investing a lot of money.
It is important to understand that no problem could be solved without proper prevention and treatment. Therefore, in order to get the best results, you are supposed to follow the techniques in the most promising manner.
Causes of Rash behind Ear:
Majority of the people associate the rash behind the ear with the daily environment or any other minimal problems. However, there could be a lot of reasons behind the rash behind the ear which we have discussed in the section below.
Contact dermatitis is a type of skin problem in which skin starts developing the small red patches which are usually very itchy and causes a lot of irritation. Moreover, Contact dermatitis is usually caused due to the presence of several allergens at the particular area. This problem is usually triggered because of excessive dandruff on the person’s skin.
Rash behind ear might also be giving an indication about the skin infection. If you are not suffering from the dandruff issue and also there are no symptoms of the dryness. Then, you might be suffering from the skin infection leading to the rashes.
In such a case, you might need to opt for the OTC cream as well as the home remedy for the effective process.
- Dryness on the Skin:
Dryness on the skin is also one of the common reasons for the rash behind the ear and can be caused due to the dryness in the air or environmental factor. This condition is not at all dangerous in nature and can be rectified with the help of proper moisturizing steps.
Dryness is usually common in the colder weather or in the areas with lower humidity level.
Extension of Scalp Psoriasis:
If you are already suffering from the scalp psoriasis and taking the treatment. Then, you are also expected to face the rash behind ear because of the very same reason. In this condition, the texture of your skin remains soft and smooth but your skin might appear itchy an red.
This condition can occur because of the auto-immune problems or other internal issues.
Treatment for Rash behind Ear:
Most of the people make the mistake of neglecting their overall condition because they don’t believe in taking the treatment considering it a burden. However, a person should never forget the fact that a proper treatment is an only way through which you can neglect the problem and get rid of it without any difficulty.
If you are suffering from the rash behind ear then, our treatment section could effectively help you in finding a viable solution without being excessively heavier on your pocket.
Home Remedies for Rash:
Home remedies for rash behind the ear are designed while considering the common rash condition. Therefore, before opting for any of the home remedies you should test that remedy to see whether your skin is rightly collaborating with the selected ingredients or not.
Use of Cold Ice Pack or Compressor:
If you are not interested in investing your energy or time on any of the home remedy or the OTC treatment for rash behind ear. Then, we would recommend you to go for the cold ice pack treatment. A cold ice pack or the compressor is basically a device which consists of the ice gel.
You just need to place the gel pack for 3-5 minutes and you’ll be able to find the temporary relief.
For reducing the intensity of the irritation and itchy feeling, you can apply the gel at the back of your ear and you’ll be able to feel the relief. Although, this remedy can help in reducing the rash intensity to maximum it will be effective in case of the normal rash only.
If you are suffering from problems like fungal infection, eczema or other skin issues then, this treatment won’t be effective at all.
Coconut Oil and Essential Oil Mixture:
There is certainly no denying the fact that coconut oil is one of the most effective ingredients which could help in reducing the intensity of the rash behind the ear to a greater extent. If you want fast and effective results then, you can use a combination of coconut and essential oil by following these steps
- Take 2 tbsp of natural coconut oil and mix it with few drops of the lavender oil
- Now mix both the ingredients together and leave the mixture in the fridge for at least 10 minutes
- Now apply the mixture at the back of your ear and let it rest for as long as possible
- The mixture will keep your skin moisturized and will help in reducing the rash in the fastest manner.
Honey and Tomato Mask for Rashes:
Honey is basically the natural anti-oxidant which helps in fighting against the bacteria and tomato is known all around the globe for relaxing the skin tissues by supplying the needed amount of Vitamin and water. For making this mask you need to:
- Take one tbsp of honey and tomato pulp (Remove the skin of tomato before using)
- Now mix honey and tomato pulp together.
- And place the mixture in the fridge for at least 5 minutes (If you have taken the refrigerated tomato then, you can skip this step)
- Now apply the mask on at the back of your ear and let it rest for 10-15 minutes
- And wash the area with cold water. Repeat the steps daily for best results.
Turmeric Mask for Rash Behind Ear:
The research states that turmeric is the natural healer which consists of some of the stronger powers which are capable of killing all the bacteria’s and returning skin to its original state.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 tbsp. of cold liquid milk
- Properly mix the mixture. Now put 1 tbsp. of natural aloe Vera gel into the mixture and blend the ingredients together
- Now put the mask at the back of your ear and let it rest there at least for 10-15 minutes
- And use the cold water for cleaning the area. Avoid using harsh towel or tissues because such items could lead to irritation
- For best results, repeat the steps three times a week.
If you are suffering from the minimal rash behind ear such as rashes due to the environmental factor the use of any cosmetic. Then, your doctor might not put you on the OTC treatment. Because this treatment is usually recommended under the extreme cases such as fungal infection.
We also recommend you to avoid the OTC treatment. Because it can have some of the negative impacts such as disturbance in the digestion and other problems. In case you are opting for the OTC treatment. Then, we would recommend you to use the anti-fungal OTC creams only. Because they tend to kill the germs and reduce the chances of all sort of allergies.
If you are suffering from the fungal infection. Then, you should decide to visit your doctor as soon as possible. Because if fungal infection is not treated on time then, it could lead to infection in other parts of the body also.
Before taking any medicine, you should take a proper recommendation from your doctor. Because not everybody consists of the similar skin type and not all the medicines are suitable for all the people.
One should always remember the fact that prevention tips are developed. so that you can avoid the chances of adversities and extract the maximum benefits from the situation without exposing to any sort of the problem.
Some of the prevention tips which could make the treatment procedure excessively simpler are discussed in the section below.
- Avoid scratching the area behind your ear with your fingers or any other object. The scratching process can make the allergy adverse and can also prolong the overall treatment phase.
- Avoid putting cotton balls or even the cotton bud in your ears. Because if you are suffering from the fungal infection or any other internal issue. Then, use of cotton bud could make the entire process very difficult
- Avoid wearing any sort of hair accessories such as hair caps or scarfs which could promote the rubbing or scratching behavior. Try to keep that area open and free from all the accessories. because such items can increase the intensity of the allergy
- Try to keep the area behind your ear cold and moisturized. So that you don’t feel the need of rubbing the area continuously
- Avoid using all those creams or chemicals which consists of the higher amount of allergens. Because such medicines are capable of causing more allergy thus leading to a complicated situation.
- If you have the immune issues. Then, try to manage your diet because sometimes the rash behind the ear is also caused due to the problems with our immune system.
- Avoid getting indulged into the excessive physical activity. Because exercising will lead to the excessive sweating behind the ear which will ultimately result in the excessive irritation, itchy feeling, and redness around the area
- Avoid using any sort of chemicals because these chemicals can create a lot of problems. Some of the common chemicals are your high intensity hair gels, creams, shampoos or any other styling products which are capable of making the treatment procedure slower.
We understand the fact that when you are faced with the issues like rash behind ear or other rashes. Then, people tend to get irritated very easily and decide not to opt for the proper prevention tips. But one should never forget the fact that prevention tips and the remedies are suggested. So that you can get the maximum relief and say a goodbye to your problem for the longest period of time.
If you are interested in getting rid of the rash behind ear. Then, you are not only supposed to take a good care of your ear and follow the remedies. But you are also supposed to pay attention to your diet so that you can get the best results without any difficulty.
We hope that this guide will help in solving your problem
Any thoughts or opinion? Feel free to leave your comments and queries below. If you have any questions related to the skin or hair problem. Then, feel free to ask and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.