Who doesn’t love to have the healthy scalp. Which is potentially free from all sort of problems? Well, this vision can only be achieved if we decide to take a proper care of our scalp by following the right hair care routine. It is important to understand that just like our skin, our scalp also needs the proper exfoliation which could help our hair to grow properly and maintain the healthier look.
When people are faced with the hair issues they tend to follow certain medications and remedies without investing the real cause behind the problem. If we talk about some of the common problems associated with the distorted hair condition. Then, eczema on scalp is one of the most common problems which is being reported by the majority of the patients.
If you and someone near you are also facing the similar issue then, you might need to dig a little deeper into this article. Because today we will be shedding light on the overall mechanism of eczema on scalp. How is it formed, what are the underlying caused behind eczema and what are those precautionary measures? Which you can take in order to reduce the chances of adverse results.
What is Eczema on Scalp?
Eczema on the scalp is the skin condition which is associated with the Seborrhea Dermatitis. In this condition, the skin tends to develop the stubborn dandruff patches which are further backed by the excessive redness on the scalp. According to the researchers, the scalp redness is caused due to the itchiness.
It is important to understand that eczema on the scalp is not associated with the simple itching problem. Which could be solved by using a few creams or cooling packs. It is associated with the underlying skin problem in which the skin tends to produce the excess amount of oil. Which is return manipulate the overall working of the oil-producing glands.
The problem of eczema on the scalp is usually common during the two ages. Some of the doctors believe that infants tend to develop the cradle cap after the birth and they are also exposed to the chances of developing the same cap once they reach the age of puberty.
Sometimes the development of eczema on the scalp is associated with the past history of the patient and sometimes it is associated with the underlying skin problems which we will be discussing shortly.
The causes and symptoms of eczema on the scalp can vary from person to person. If you have the sensitive skin which is more exposed to the allergies present in the air. Then you are at a higher risk of developing eczema than those people who consist of the stronger skin type.
Additionally, the texture of your hair also defines the condition of eczema on the scalp. The people with advanced and professional hair-care routine tend to stay quite away from the hair problems than those who usually forget about their scalp.
Causes and Symptoms of Eczema on Scalp:
It is usually hard to find the underlying causes of eczema. However, the majority of the doctors believed that Eczema is caused due to dermatitis. This skin condition is usually caused due to the overproduction of oil in the sebum glands. The area of our skin which hair roots are more exposed to the danger of developing eczema. The most common places are eyebrows, eyelids, scalp, upper chest, armpits, ears and also the personal body parts.
Some of the major factors which could trigger the growth of eczema on the scalp are listed in the section below.
Factors that Triggers the Overproduction of Oil:
- The hormonal changes in our body contribute largely to the formation of eczema on the scalp. The unwanted changes in our skin cells tend to manipulate the production of oil in sebum glands.
- The excessive use of harsh chemicals and other styling products could also trigger the growth of eczema. The people who tend to use the styling or chemical-based products on the continuous level are more exposed to the chances of developing eczema. Because chemicals hold the capacity of manipulating the work of oil glands
- People who are taking any sort of harsh or prescribed medications can also develop eczema in different parts of the skin. Several medicines tend to extract the needed amount of oil from our body. Which ultimately results in the unfavorable situation for our glands.
- Heavy sweating due to any physical activity and use of allergens could also trigger the production. Sweating is indeed a sign of a healthy lifestyle but excessive or forced sweating is capable of causing a lot of skin related problems. Additionally, the use of allergens could also make the overall situation worse for the people.
- The people who are going through any of the physical or mental disorders consists of the higher risk of developing eczema on the scalp or on other parts of their body.
Now if we talk about some of the common symptoms associated with eczema then, dandruff with the flakes can be the biggest symptom. If you have started to observe dandruff flakes on your scalp. Which are also getting itchy with the passing time then, you might need to see your doctor. Because itchiness backed by the red spots isn’t a good sign at all.
Treatment and Remedies:
If we talk about the definite treatment for eczema on the scalp. Then, it won’t be wrong to state that this problem has no particular solution. Because it is ultimately hard to cure this problem. The proper treatment and remedies could effectively help the people in getting the relief by removing the excess dead skin cells and the buildup. Which was caused during the process. The treatment and remedies which we will be talking about can reduce the amount of itchiness and pain.
The treatment usually involves the use of shampoo or creams. Which you can easily apply on your scalp for best results.
OTC Dandruff Shampoo:
The OTC dandruff shampoo recommended by your doctor can effectively help in treating the itchiness on one’s scalp. As it is certainly hard to find the one solution for eczema. Therefore, multiple medicines are used in the combination with the dandruff shampoo to provide the fast relief.
The medically recognized dandruff shampoos are technically better than the claimed ones. Before opting for any shampoo you should try to read the labels in order to provide chances of any allergies in the future.
Use of Salicylic Acid:
Salicylic Acid is the prescribed medicine which cannot be taken without the prescription of the doctor. Salicylic acid is one of the strongest substances which help in shedding the above layer of the skin. The high-intensity acid powers aim to work around the dead skin cells and remove the damaged part of the skin
The people who are currently going through the initial phases of the eczema are recommended not to use this acid. Because it can damage their inner skin causing the severe damage to the hair roots. Always concerns your doctor before opting for any treatment or remedy.
Zinc for Eczema on Scalp:
If you are looking for the prescribed medicine. Which could help in curing the scalp swelling and reducing the intensity of irritation during the treatment process. Then, we would recommend you to opt for the Zinc.
Zinc is known for its strong powers which allows you to get rid of the excessive irritation in a matter of few minutes. Additionally, the natural vitamins in the zinc aim to work around the damaged hair so that they could get their look back.
The patients with the initial symptoms of eczema on the scalp are usually recommended to opt for the zinc. Because it is healthy and curing at the same time.
Eczema on the scalp is a quite prolonged problem, therefore, in order to enhance the efficiency of the treatment. You are supposed to take some precautionary measures. These measures are designed while considering the general scenario. In case you are faced with the serious issues, you can always consult your doctor and ask for the replacement. Which could help in making the treatment process easier for the patient.
- During and after the treatment phase, avoid getting exposed to sun or excessive heat. As sun consists of the UV rays, these rays are capable of increasing the percentage or allergy thus leading to an adverse situation.
- Avoid using any sort of chemicals or allergens without consulting your doctors. As different people consists of the different skin types therefore, not all the medicines are suitable for everyone. It’s better to take a proper advice from your doctor before using any chemicals on your scalp
- Make a habit of cleaning your scalp on the regular basis. For the cleaning purposes, you can opt for the gentle shampoo. Reduce the amount of shampoo to a minimum and clean your head with the warm water. Never use hot water because it can increase the irritation.
- If you are going through eczema on scalp and your doctor has recommended you to maintain the healthy lifestyle by doing the exercises. Then, don’t forget to take a proper bath after every workout. The excessive sweating can make the treatment process slower by manipulating the sebaceous glands.
- Increase the use of cooling natural essential oils. The essential oils help in relaxing the sored veins.
- The combination of essential oils with different natural plant-based extracts can effectively help in reducing the intensity of the irritation without causing any damage to one’s scalp.
- Most of the patients on eczema on scalp tend to witness the results after proper treatment. But patients might also share their experience of the reversing situation.
- In reversing the situation, all the things which seem harmful start responding in a positive manner. For instance, some patients might be able to see some improvements in their conditions while getting exposed to the sun or by using the chemical-based products.
- As we have said earlier, that every skin consists of the different type, therefore, it aims to respond in a different manner. Before opting for any treatment or remedy. You should always try to properly analyze your skin so it could be potentially free from all sort of future problems.
There is certainly no denying the fact that eczema on scalp sounds like a serious problem. Which can only be treated with proper medications and some of the remedies. However, one should never forget the fact that every treatment and its effectiveness can easily be boosted with the help of proper care.
In the same manner, if you are interested in getting rid of eczema on scalp and other associated problems then. You are no doubt supposed to look out for the proper hair and scalp care routine. You must consider the fact that proper routine will not only make the treatment process easier. It will also help you in achieving the healthier hair without being excessively heavier on your pocket.
Moreover, if you are short of time and can’t set your routine then. We would recommend you to go for the professional treatment on the monthly basis. The professional services will ultimately make the problem identification process easier and it will also help in curing all those problems. Which could give birth to eczema on scalp.
For reducing the chances of adversities, you just need to follow some of the basic steps such as proper scalp exfoliation followed by the remedies which could moisturize your scalp. We totally understand the fact that it is hard for people to opt for such routine but trust us that proper care can make your life excessively easier.
Any thoughts? You can easily share your thoughts and queries with us by leaving your comments below.