The Hair loss is one of the most disturbing factors for all the people irrespective of their age or gender. Some people tend to opt for the proper hair care routine for reducing the chances of hair loss while others try to opt for certain medications so that they could get rid of this problem. Most of the people usually forget the fact that the solution of the problem always lies in the right diagnosis steps such as scalp biopsy. If you are going through any problem then, your first priority should revolve around getting yourself diagnosed so that you could take the right medications and avoid any sort of adversities.
Today we are going to talk about the major diagnosis as well as treatment procedure which could help you in getting rid of the various hair problems. Scalp biopsy is the procedure which is performed to identify a number of underlying hair issues. Sometimes scalp biopsy is taken as the diagnosis step and other times it is considered as the treatment itself.
Some of you must be getting confused by the fact that how a diagnosis could be called as the treatment. Well, forgetting the answer to this questions, you surely need to dig a little deeper.
The procedure could effectively help you in identifying all those problems. Which are triggering the hair loss or other serious scalp problems. During our research, we realized that proper information backed by the expert’s advice can seriously save you from a lot of health-related hurdles because once the underlying cause is identified then, it becomes easier to treat the problem.
What is Scalp Biopsy?
Scalp Biopsy is basically a simple procedure. Which is used to test the current health status of your hair. In this procedure, the small part of your hair is removed from the scalp and then, the microscopic technique is used for determining the future position of your scalp. This procedure allows the doctor to properly examine the condition of your scalp.
For instance, if you are facing the initial symptoms of hair loss then, the small part of your hair and removed scalp will help the doctor in determining whether the condition is temporary or permanent in nature. If the condition is permanent then, your doctor might advise you to opt for the proper medical treatment. Which could help you in reducing the intensity of the problem and if the problem is temporary in nature then, you have to take the medications. Which will help in solving the issue in a right manner.
It is important to understand that different people have different types of skin. Therefore, they tend to face different problems. Before you start taking any sort of medications, make sure that those particular medicines are right for you. The consumption of wrong medicines increases the chances of making the condition worse for the patient. It is better to have the proper diagnosis before opting for the self-medication
Why is Scalp Biopsy performed?
There could be multiple reasons behind the performance of a scalp biopsy. Some doctors tend to perform it in order to understand the underlying cause behind the hair fall or other hair related issues. While others tend to use it as a technique for curing the hair problems. Some of the major reasons because of which scalp biopsy is performed are discussed in the section below.
- Scalp biopsy is performed in order to properly understand the condition of your scalp. This method helps in understanding the birth of all those factors. Which can trigger the formation of scalp related issues.
- Scalp Biopsy also helps in understanding the mechanism and working process of hair follicles density. This method helps in determining the overall health of hair follicles including the flow of blood, vitamins and all those mineral. Which are important for the hair growth.
- The Scalp biopsy can provide information about the presence of any sort of possible inflammatory condition on your scalp. Since early diagnosis is the crucial step towards the treatment. Therefore, you should decide to opt for the scalp biopsy once in a while in order to keep your hair healthier for the longest period of time
- Scalp Biopsy is a way through which you can identify any sort of abnormalities in your hair. For instance, this procedure can help in identifying the birth of fungus or other hair related issues in your scalp.
- If you are suffering from the emotional or physical pain then, scalp biopsy can help in understanding the possible treatment. Which you can opt for in order to reduce the chances of adversities.
Importantly, if you are going for this treatment for the very first time then, you might have to take proper consultation from your doctor before going for the final procedure. Since this procedure helps in analyzing the proper condition of your scalp. Therefore, you should be mentally and physically ready for the little pain. If you are going through the problems like acne on the scalp or red spots on the scalp then, we recommend you to wait for a little while because this treatment can malfunction with the heal cells and can increase the overall healing time.
How is Scalp Biopsy performed?
When we say the word ‘removing of hair and some part of the scalp’ then, most of the people start imagining a surgical procedure requiring the use of a lot of anesthesia and surgical equipment. Well, that’s not true in this case.
For performing this procedure, your doctor will give you a physical and very light amount of anesthesia in order to reduce the pain of removing the hair and part of the scalp for future examination.
- In order to properly perform the scalp biopsy. Your doctor will give you a little amount of anesthesia and will remove around 4mm in diameter of your scalp part.
- The procedure only requires a 5 minutes procedure. If you have properly prepared your head for the procedure then, it will hardly take 5 minutes.
- Once the part of your scalp is properly removed then, the doctor will keenly examine your scalp and will try to understand all those problems. Which could trigger the birth of any sort of fungus on your scalp.
- Once the procedure is done then, you can easily go back home without any difficulty. Since doctor will use the local anesthesia for performing the task. Therefore, it is better not to drive for the good 24 hours. Although there are no problems in driving the car it’s always better to take the right precautionary in order to avoid the chances of a problem.
- It’s better to opt for the proper hair care routine after the procedure is done. Because the proper routine will help you in reducing the chances of any sort of adversities. Such as injury on the scalp or blood coting due to the removal of the scalp.
Facts about Hair Problems:
It is commonly perceived that women are more exposed to the danger of developing hair loss problem as compared to men. But while we were searching for the authentic facts, we found out that this fact isn’t really true. Some of the important facts, as well as the precautionary measures for the hair problems, are discussed in the section below.
- 50% of the men and 30% of the females tend to face the hair loss or hair-related problems due to the heredity issues.
- Women tend to face excessive hair loss during the pregnancy time or when they are reaching the age of menopause. Since different females have the different body type. Therefore, it is hard to determine the time when they will reach the menopause
- Majority of the men tend to lose their hair until they reached the age of 50.
- Hair thinning is another important reason which significantly drives towards the excessive hair loss.
- It is believed that heredity hair loss is inherited from the maternal side of the family. If any from your mother’s family is suffering from the hair loss. Then, chances are that you might have to face the similar problem.
- Most of the people hold an opinion that hair loss is caused because of wearing of a hat or use of conditioning shampoo. Well, this is totally a myth. The hat doesn’t impact your hair to fall in any way. It is important to understand that hair follicles in our head gets proper oxygen from the bloodstreams, not from the air. So if you are going out in the sun or if you have dyed your hair. Then, feel free to use certain precautionary measures in order to avoid any problems.
- If you are suffering from the internal health-related problems. Then, you have the higher chances of developing hair loss irrespective of your age or gender.
- Decreased blow flow is another reason behind hair loss. Sometimes veins are unable to supply the significant amount of blood inside our head. The deficiency of blood is capable of slowing down the growth of hair and if the deficiency is at an extreme level. Then, it can lead to significant hair loss. If you are suffering from such condition. Then, it’s better to get yourself checked immediately.
- For reducing the chances of hair loss. You should avoid making the hairstyles which aim to pull your hair in an extreme manner. The extreme pulling process makes your hair roots weaker thus promoting the hair loss.
- Reduce the usage of all those products which works on the basis of high heat or energy. High heat can interrupt the flow of blood inside your head. Also, avoid using all sort of chemical processing. Because chemicals are capable of impacting the entire hair-growth procedure.
- Try to opt for the perfect hair care routine. Which includes exfoliating your scalp on regular basis for perfect hair growth.
We totally understand the fact that hair loss is the unbearable thing for all the people. Men are usually accustomed of getting hair fall after a certain age. But it is surely hard for females to understand the fact that they could also get exposed to this problem at any age.
If you want to get rid of this stress causing a problem. Then, you are not only supposed to opt for the proper diagnosis procedure. Which could make the problem identifiable, you are also supposed to look out for the authentic treatments. Which could allow you to get rid of this problem permanently.
One way of reducing this issue is associated with opting for the proper hair care routine. While another way is linked with taking the professional help. Which could make your hair appear beautiful and fuller. Now it depends on you that which procedure you think is effective for your hair and can help them grow in the right manner.
Any thoughts? If you have any questions or suggestions then, feel free to leave your comments below. You can also share your hair and skin related problems with us and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.