It won’t be wrong to state that nobody likes the rash. Whether we talk about the Chlorine rash caused due to the environmental factors or the rashes caused due to the heat, people are always looking for the viable solution through which they can get rid of these rashes and have a happy skin.
Chlorine rash is also one of the types of skin rashes which is extremely common amongst swimmers or those people who have frequent contact with the chemical-based water. Although, chlorine rash isn’t very dangerous in nature it could severely damage your skin and can increase the chances of elevated skin infections.
If you are suffering from the chlorine rash or looking for the solution which could promise to deliver the long-lasting results then, we would recommend you to dig deeper into his article because you’ll be able to find some very beneficial information.
What is Chlorine Rash?
Chlorine Rash is the skin condition which is caused due to the excessive exposure to the chlorine on a frequent basis. If we talk about the description of chlorine then, it is basically a chemical which is used by the pooler maintainers for keeping the pool clean and free from all the germs.
This element is important for the health of people because it keeps the area sanitized. However, excessive chlorine can make your skin extra sensitive.
When our body gets the excessive supply of chlorine then, it tends to get extremely dry which ultimately leads to the redness, itchy-feeling and continuous irritation. Chlorine rash is usually common in those people who have the direct and excessive contact with the chlorine or other elements with higher chlorine intensity.
How to Identify the Chlorine Rash?
If you have no past experience about the chlorine rash or any other rashes on the body then, you might need to skim through our symptom list in order to find out the texture of the skin and how it should be treated.
Just like any other rash, chlorine rash tends to make your skin dry and bumpy. The common texture and symptoms associated with the rash are discussed in the section below.
- Small bumps and hives on the skin are one of the common symptoms of the chlorine rash. Normal rashes usually consist of the red area with no or minimal bumps.
- If your body has started to swell after swimming or after the use of any chemical then, it’s also one of the symptoms of chlorine rash.
- Scaling of the skin further backed by the crushing.
- Chlorine rash tends to make your skin tender and more sensitive than usually which leads to excessive irritation.
Above discussed are some of the common symptoms of the chlorine rash. However, these symptoms tend to vary from person to person, therefore, it better to see your doctor if the situation is going out of the hands.
However, the chlorine rashes tend to get cured with proper treatment and tends to stay for the longest period of time then, swimmers itches.
Treatment for Chlorine Rash
Some of the effective home remedies as well as OTC medicines. Which could make the treatment procedure easier for you are discussed in the section below.
If you are looking for the treatment for chlorine rash. Which is potentially free from all sort of chemicals and damages then, you should opt for some of the viable home-remedies.
Aloe Vera with Coconut Oil:
Aloe Vera is famous all around the world for its healing capabilities for the skin. If you are suffering from any of the skin problems then, Aloe Vera can surely help you in making your skin better in no time.
The combination of Aloe Vera and coconut oil is an ideal solution. For making this combination you need to:
- Take two tbsp of natural Aloe Vera gel and blend it with 1 tbsp of cold coconut oil.
- Now take a cotton swab and pour the mixture on the swab.
- Now pat the swab on the affected area and let it rest at least for 10-15 minutes.
- The longer the swab rests, the better benefits you’ll be able to gain.
- Repeat the steps at least for a week continuously in order to get the best and most effective results.
Chemical-free Body Wash & Cream:
One of the home-remedies for chlorine rash treatment is the use of chemical free body wash and cream. Well, you must be thinking that from where you can get the chemical-free items for the body.
Although it is pretty hard to find the chemical-free body washes you can always opt for the organic items. Organic soaps and body washes are partially free from all the harsh chemicals and preservatives and tend to keep your body clean without manipulating with the skin.
The chemical-free creams help in soothing the itchy feeling and it also helps in reducing the overall intensity of the rashes.
Lavender Oil Mixed with Turmeric Powder:
Turmeric is a natural medicine which helps in protecting your against all the bacteria’s without being excessively heavier on your pocket. If you are looking for an effective treatment for chlorine rash then, nothing could be better than the turmeric powder mixed with lavender oil
If you are not interested in using the lavender oil then, you can easily substitute it with the rose water.
- Take 2 teaspoons of the turmeric powder and put few drops of the lavender oil in it.
- Mix the mixture well until a thick paste is formed.
- Once the paste is of smooth texture, now apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry.
- Usually, a turmeric paste tends to get dried in 20 minutes.
- Now properly wash your body with the cold water and moisturize. It either with the coconut oil or any of the less chemical-based lotion.
- Repeat the steps twice a week for best results.
Oath Bath with Tomato Mask:
If you want to get rid of the chlorine rash marks, redness and itchy feeling then, nothing could help you better than the oath bath.
- Take a ½ packet of the instant oath and soak it into the cold water.
- Let the oath dissolve a little bit. Now soak the affected area of your body into the water and let it rest for 10-20 minutes.
- After taking a bath, take two peeled tomatoes and make properly mash them.
- Once the paste is formed, now apply the mask on your body. let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now wash your body with the cold water.
- Repeat the steps twice a week for best results.
OTC & Recommended Treatment by Doctors:
The treatment of chlorine rash depends on the intensity of the rashes on your body. For instance, if you are suffering from the bad an extreme rashes then, your doctor might put you on the OTC medicines so that your body could function properly.
The overall OTC treatment process of chlorine rash is divided into two processes. One step is all about taking the oral medication in which most of the doctor prefers the medicines with diphenhydramine. These medicines help in keeping the bodily function in place without damaging the immune system.
The other treatment process is about the application phase in which doctors usually recommend the creams. Which you could directly apply on the affected area and reduce the level of itchiness. Hydrocortisone is one of the common creams and OTC medicine. Which is usually recommended by the doctors for curing the chlorine rash.
Before applying for any medicine on your body. You should test the medicine on the smaller part and see whether that cream is perfect for your skin or not. If the product is not collaborating with your skin then, you should decide to switch the product and should go for the combination medicine. In order to make the treatment procedure more effective and shorter.
However, if you are suffering from the initial stages then, we would recommend you to go for the home remedies. They are more viable and tend to keep your body safe from all the potential damages such as skin sensitivity or other immune issues caused due to the medication.
If you or someone near you is suffering from the chlorine rash then, these preventions this can help in avoiding the spread of rash all over the body.
- During the treatment phase, you should avoid doing the swimming or all those activities. Which include the extensive contact with the chlorine water.
- Once you are exposed to the chlorine, you should immediately take the shower. People who are the regular swimmers should decide to take a proper bath before and after the swimming. In order to avoid the chances of chlorine rash.
- Avoid applying all those lotion or gels which consists of the chlorine. The use of such items could increase the level of irritation and make the treatment phase slower
- During the treatment phase, apply the petroleum jelly on the affected area of your skin. The Petroleum jelly will help in keeping the area moisturized thus reducing the chances of itchiness
- Avoid going out in the sun when not necessary. The excessive exposure to the sun can increase the redness of the rash and can make the area more irritable.
- You should always try to wear lighter clothes with cold material so that rashes could be cured in the right manner.
- Always take those medicines and gels which are recommended by your doctor. Self-medication is a very dangerous process and could lead to several problems in the future.
- Once you are exposed to the chlorine rash, try to reduce the contact with the chlorine water. It can make your skin sensitive and could impact the overall resistant level in our skin.
- Chlorine rash can also be caused due to the swimsuits used during the swimming. Once you are done with the swimming. You should properly wash the swimsuit in order to avoid the chances of developing the rash in the future.
We totally understand the fact that getting rid of chlorine rash is a prolonged process. You are not supposed to pay attention to your medication or home remedies. You are also supposed to pay a keen attention to your diet so that overall process could be made effective for you.
If you want to achieve the successful results and get a permanent rid from chlorine rash. We would highly recommend you to go for the treatment as well as the prevention tips. It is important to understand if you are not taking right precautionary measure at right time. You are not treating a problem in the right manner.
We hope that you have got our point. Now you will be able to perform all steps right so that, you can say a permanent goodbye to your chlorine rash.
Any thoughts or queries? Make us aware of your opinion by leaving your comments below.
If you want to discuss anything related to your hair and skin problem. Feel free to ask your query and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.