Everybody wants to look beautiful and amazing than everyone else. To achieve the standards of beauty, most of the people tend to put themselves into the embarrassing and also the awkward situations. Bleach Burn on scalp is also one of the few examples that are caused due to the improper beauty efforts which are done by the people.
We need to understand the fact that every single thing requires some kind of extra work and practice. Due to the lack of practice and professional help, some of the people are forced to pay the extra price for their beauty tries.
Well, it’s hard to determine the intensity of price which people might have to pay because it entirely depends on the product you are using and how the product is interacting with your scalp. If the dye or bleach is relatively farther from your scalp. Then, you might be able to save your scalp from the adversities. However, in the case of the close interaction, you need to gear yourself up for the crazy burn.
If you are dying your hair with bleach for the very first time or if you are already suffering from the bleach burn on scalp then, you might need to read on because we have got some useful information for you.
What is Bleach Burn on Scalp?
Chemical burn or bleach burns on scalp is the skin condition which is caused due to the direct connection of high-intensity colorants to the scalp skin. Although it is pretty hard to investigate the underlying caused behind the burn marks on the scalp after bleach.
Some of the researchers hold the opinion that our scalp skin constitutes largely of the hair follicles which are further backed by the regrowth cells. The excessive dosage of high-intensity solvents not only severely damage the hair roots. It also aims to impact the scalp cells in the most adverse manner. Thus resulting in the discoloring and extreme irritation.
It is important to understand that the purpose of bleach is to burn the topper layer of our hair. So that it could easily change its color thus forming a newer shade. However, the closer contact of bleach with the scalp can lead to the scalp burn. If not taken care at the right time, the bleach burn on scalp is capable of malfunctioning with the hair follicles and also the skin cells. People who have suffered from the bleach burn on scalp, have usually complained about the excessive dryness which is further supported by the itchiness.
If you are also suffering from the bleach burns then, you surely don’t need to worry because this problem is curable in nature. The cure and the entire treatment process might take some time but if you want to get your healthy scalp back. Then, you are definitely supposed to show patience for a little while.
The people who are using the normal bleach for hair dying are exposed to the danger of getting burnt at a normal level. However, the people, especially women who are facing any sort of hormonal changes are expected to get the extreme scalp burnt. If you are one of those people then, we seriously beg you to stay away from the bleach or any other hair dying tool because it is capable of making the process very painful for you.
Treatment For Bleach Burn On Scalp:
The people who are suffering from the bleach burn on scalp usually believe that this problem cannot be cured. Well, this isn’t true at all. If you are interested in seeing the effective results. Then, you are no doubt supposed to calm yourself down and continue to take on the medicines or treatment prescribed by the doctor.
One should never forget the fact that it is pretty hard to get rid of the burns. Because it cures according to the recovering powers of one’s skin. If you have the sensitive skin then, your skin is expected to take more time as compared to the person who has the stronger skin.
The treatments we are going to discuss might not work perfectly for everyone. Because every person consists of a different skin. However, before opting for any treatment, we would recommend you to have a look at the ingredients and the formulation. So that you can have a proper information about what’s you are applying and consuming for the treatment purposes.
Some of the rapid and natural treatments which could help in reducing the intensity of the burn are discussed in the section below. These treatments might not provide a solution but they can help you in getting rid of pain and irritation.
Coconut Milk and Ice:
Once you have burnt your hair then, next step is all about finding the right ingredients which could heal the area and provide the coolness at the right time. Before you start bleaching your hair, keep the coconut milk and ice cubes in your freezer. Because both of these ingredients are capable of fastest relief.
The coconut milk will help in healing the burnt area and ice will help in reducing the burning effects. Once you have poured the iced milk over your head. Then, let it sit there for 2-3 minutes and then, pour it again.
Repeat the steps at least for 3 to 4 times in order to reduce the chances of burn marks.
Use Conditioner with Zinc Pyrithione:
Conditioner with Zinc Pyrithione is the best solution for the bleach burn on scalp. Zinc is usually found in the dandruff conditioner.
For best results, take the extremely thick layer of the dandruff killing conditioner and apply it on your scalp and hair. Make sure to apply the thick layer from root to tip and leave it for the entire day. You can also leave the conditioner overnight but it’s better to leave it for the entire day.
Take Cool Showers Shortly:
After getting the burn, you should opt for the coconut milk and ice cube treatment. Once that step is done then, the next step is about getting cold showers after every while. It is important to understand that you need to cool down the affected area that’s why cold showers are highly important.
You don’t need to use any shampoo or conditioner while taking the bath. Just use the iced coconut milk for the best results.
Most of the doctors prescribe the scalp ointments to the patients who are suffering from the scalp burn. Because no other medicine could be applied to the damaged area. According to our research, the burnt area should be left open so that pores could get the chance of healing themselves and performing the skin repair steps without getting any moisture.
Additionally, in case of the severe burnt and irritation, some of the doctors also recommend the anti-biotic followed with the OTC creams to the patients in order to reduce the chances of skin fungal or any sort of environmental allergies which could make the burn worse.
Important Tips and Remedies for Hair Dying:
Some of the major tips which could effectively help you in reducing the chances of bleach burn on scalp are stated as follows. Before you opt for any tip or remedy, do remember that not all the treatments for everyone.
Make sure that it goes perfectly with your scalp, before opting for any remedy.
- Before preparing your bleach, you should analyze whether your period dates are near or not. The premenstrual stages are capable of causing changes in your system including your scalp. Don’t dye your hair during the menstrual because it will have some adverse effects.
- You should shampoo your hair at least 3 days before the bleach. Because this step will help in building oil on your head. Oil will help in protecting your head against any sort of bleaching problems such as burns or irritation.
- If you have already shampooed your hair before the bleach. Then, another way of protecting your scalp is associated with moisturizing your scalp. You can use any oil for building up the protective layers. However, coconut oil works perfectly. Because it consists of the nourishing factors which are crucial before the bleach.
- Use of think conditioner before the bleach could also help you in protecting your head against all the adversities.
- Bleaching and irritation involved in the process are not at all associated with the swelling. If you have started to witness any sort of bumps or swelling on your head after the bleach. Then, you should immediately consult your doctor and start taking anti-inflammatory medicines right away.
- In case of swelling before the bleach, delay the procedure until your head is free from all the bumps. Because bleaching the swelled area might give birth to a lot of hair related problems such as fungus on scalp and scalp redness.
- It is important to understand that not every single person is going to have the similar black burning experience. Therefore, some people might not be able to get any sort of relief from the remedies.
- If the burn patch is getting worse by the passing day then, you should plan to see your doctor as soon as possible. Because you might need to take some sort of chemical medicines for the faster relief.
- Once your scalp is burnt, avoid washing your head with shampoo. The chemicals in shampoo are capable of making the skin drier. Let your scalp create the oil which will further help with the curing process.
- If you are suffering from the normal intensity bleach burn on scalp. Then, you are expected to get a good relief from the remedies and treatment stated in the section above. The maximum treatment times are 7 to 10 days.
- Also, avoid using any sort of electric-based hairstyling tools on your scalp. Because electric heat is capable of increasing the size of the burn area.
- You should also try to cut on some of the chemical products for better and fast relief.
- During the treatment or early preparation phases, you are expected to use the anti-dandruff shampoo. Because it will protect your scalp from the chances of the flaky scalp and unwanted scalp dandruff.
- Once you have tried the bleach on the scalp then, for the second try you should go for the proper hair dye or give the time of at least 6 to 8 months. Before applying the second layer because the continuous application is capable of causing the severe damage to your scalp and the hair.
We totally understand the fact that people want to have the perfectly textured hair backed by the alluring shades. As most of the people are not really interested in investing money in the hair colors. Therefore, they decide to opt for the hair bleach.
We agree with the fact that hair bleach is a relatively useful way of coloring your hair but before you do it. You need to have proper information about the treatment. How it should be performed in order to avoid any sort of problems.
If you are dying your hair with the bleach for the very first time. Then, you should perform the test first by bleaching only one and the inner section of your hair. This step will help you in understanding the total time of the application and definitely the amount of bleach.
Additionally, before properly applying the bleach. You should have information about the sensitivity of your scalp because if your scalp is sensitive. Then, you might have to drop the idea of using bleach on your scalp because of the higher and earlier chances of bleach burn on scalp.
Always remember the fact that care and precautions are always better than the treatment. So what are you planning to do? Have you tested your bleach before application?
Share your experience and queries with us by leaving your comments below. You can also discuss your hair and skin related issues with our experts by dropping your comments in the section. Our experts with getting back to you pretty soon with the effective solution.