If you have just stepped into the world of “being men”. Then you should be completely ready to bear all the things associated with achieving the men look. If you are growing your beard for the first time or shaving. The one you had after ages, your beard has got all the rights to rash. Beard rash isn’t usually associated with any of the underlying health issues. It is surely an alarming situation for those people who are unable to take a proper care of your skin.
It’s pretty hard to examine the intensity of beard rash in the one go because sometimes it’s very mild. That you will hardly notice it and sometimes, it is very hard that it will force you to get up in the middle of the night and scratch every inch of the hair on your beard.
Sometimes, the beard rash is caused due to our own carelessness. Such as lack of proper care of your beard, use of improper and unauthorized products and sometimes, beard rash is triggered due to some natural factors.
However, we will also be talking about some of the important prevention tips and treatment procedure. Which can effectively allow you to get rid of this problem without being heavy on your pocket.
What is Beard Rash?
The hair on the men beard is entirely different from the hair on their scalp. If we dig deeper into the texture of beard hair then, they are called as the androgenic hair and tend to get triggered by the testosterone in our body. Testosterone is basically the hormones in the men body which are responsible for impacting their mental and physical health.
The more testosterone you have in your body, the more hair growth you are expected to face. If you want some good hair on your beard. Then you are not only supposed to take a good care of your hair but also of your health. Your beard hair is dependent on the hormones in your body.
When you are unable to take a good care of your health. Then you are definitely exposing yourself to the danger of developing beard rash. Usually, people tend to associate the beard rash with the environmental factors. Such as dryness or humidity in the weather but the reality is usually different.
Causes of Beard Rash:
Some of the major causes behind the beard rash are discussed in the section below. If you are suffering from the beard rash then, this section could help you in understand the problem.
Sometimes, ingrown hair is also responsible for causing the beard rash. The hairs split ends are usually very irritating for the skin and tend to cause extreme rashes. The issue of ingrown hair is common in those people who have the improper hair growth pattern and extreme hair fall issue.
Excessively Dryer Skin:
If you have the dryer skin which tends to easily get affected by the smallest of the disturbance in the body then, this factor could easily trigger the birth of beard rash. Dry skin leads to the excessive scratching which further gives birth to the red patches, inflammation, and irritation.
Inflammation in the Beard:
Beard Rash can be caused due to the inflammation in the hair of your beard. Sometimes, our hair tends to get clogged due to the improper hair care. When you are unable to take a good care of your beard hair then, such activity leads to the clogging of hair follicles inside the skin.
Which ultimately leads to the hair or beard rash. If you are suffering from such condition, you should decide to pay attention to your daily hygiene in order to avoid any sort of problems in the future. If not treated on time, inflammation could lead to serious skin problems.
Fungal Infection in the Facial Hair:
Fungal Infection is another major reason behind the beard rash. It is the condition which is associated with the dermatophyte. In which skin tends to get affected by the fungus. Under this condition, skin tends to develop the red and crusty spots around the beard area such as mouth, cheeks and chin area.
During Hair Growth:
One of the major reasons behind the beard rash is the hair growth. When your beard is at the growth stage then, it is expected to face the rashes. As men hormones are responsible for triggering the growth of your facial hair. Therefore, if you are suffering from the beard rash during the hair growth process.
Then know that your hormones are facing some problems and they might need some extra care. For instance, the shift towards a healthy lifestyle or better eating habits in order to reduce all sort of problems.
Some of the symptoms of the beard rash which can help you in understanding the problem. Before it gets too late are discussed in the section below.
- The continuous urge to rub your beard.
- Presence of red spots on the skin. Some people tend to have red spots while others tend to experience the white spots backed by the pus.
- Red patches and dryness of the skin. Sometimes, the dryness on the skin could also trigger the birth of beard rash and can make the situation difficult for the person.
- Extreme itchiness and irritation on the beard without any prior reason.
- Extreme beard hair fall backed by the feeling of sensation and pain.
- Overproduction of the sebum in the beard leading to the oily skin.
Treatment for Beard Rash:
The treatment for beard rash. Which can help you in getting rid of the problem is discussed in the section below. However, before reading them, you should remember the fact. That every treatment has a certain duration and you cannot get the best results without entirely completing the duration.
If you are looking for the fast recovery which could reduce the chances of repeating the problem again. Then we would recommend you to opt for the complete treatment backed by the prevention tips.
- Although it’s hard to recommend anyone remedy for curing the beard rash because different people have different skins and they tend to react entirely differently. Our research indicates that application of Argan or Jojoba oil on a regular basis can effectively help in curing the beard rash.
For application purposes, you can take the small quantity of the oil in your hands and rub it completely over your beard. It is better to leave the solution overnight for best results.
- For treating the dryer skin or the dry patches on your beard. You can easily use the ointment with the equal or higher quantity of urea and lactic acid. These substances will help in producing the moisture in the skin thus leading to lesser rashes.
- If you are suffering from the beard rash due to the fungal infection then, you are supposed to visit your doctor as soon as possible because fungal can easily spread throughout your body thus causing a lot of problem for you. On the other hand, for curing this issue, your doctor might recommend you the anti-fungal medicines. Which would provide the inner therapy to your hormones so that they could come back to their normal state.
- If you are not interested in opting for any of the remedies then, you should take a proper care of your hygiene because it is the only way through which you can get rid from the beard rash.
For making the treatment procedure effective, you are not supposed to opt for the fancy prevention tips. However, general cleanliness and proper care will allow you to have a great treatment experience. Here are some of the important tips which are known for their efficiency for all.
- You surely need to bath on the regular basis. If you want to get rid of the beard rash. Then you are no doubt supposed to pay higher attention to your daily hygiene such as your bathing routine, eating habits, clothing and the hair accessories. Which you use on the daily basis, Sometimes, the beard rash is not caused due to the problem with the skin. It is caused due to the bad hygiene routine.
- Make the habit of washing your beard with the help of warm water on a daily. This habit will help in reducing the chances of skin irritation, the formation of bacteria inside the skin and inflammation.
- If you have the dryer skin texture and rough hair then, you should keep your beard hair moisturized with the help of the customized beard oils. These oils are designed to make the hair texture smoother so that they can be protected from the internal damages.
- You should use the face and beard wash which is specially designed to provide high-level care to your beard. So that it could be potentially free from all the bacteria’s, fungus or any other sort of the environmental factors.
- Avoid using too much hot water during the bathing process. because hot water can impact the texture of your skin in an adverse manner and could also lead to skin irritation.
- Try using Jojoba Oil on a regular basis as it is designed to give the natural volume to your beard hair and also helps in reducing the chances of clogging of hair pores.
- Try your best to use the sanitized items for trimming or shaving your beard because sometimes, rashes are also causes due to the transfer of germs from one person to another. It is always the best idea to get the new shave items for yourself before shaving your beard.
- Try to limit the length of your beard to a certain extent because the longer beard you will grow. The harder it will become for you to take a good care. Which will ultimately lead to the certain kinds of problems such as beard rash and other skin problems.
- Try using the natural moisturizer or aftershave creams after shaving your beard. The natural creams are potentially free from the chemicals. Which could be harmful to those people who have the sensitive skin which is capable of developing the rashes.
Those people who are going through the pain of beard rash can easily understand. The fact that this situation is very alarming and awkward at the same time. The itchy beard not only aims to bring the discomfort. But it also aims to impact the daily life of the people by forcing them to rub every inch of the hair on their beard.
We totally understand the fact that it is pretty hard to get rid of this situation and opt for the treatment procedure. But you should always remember the fact that the better you take care of yourself and your hair during the procedure. The better results you will be able to see sooner.
In order to avoid the beard rash. We expect that you will properly follow the treatment procedure and will also opt for the prevention tips. These tips aim to make the treatment procedure effective for the person.
We hope you will get rid of this problem very soon.
If you have any queries or questions, feel free to leave your comments below. If you are suffering from any of the skin or hair related problems. Then write down your problem below and our experts will get back to you pretty soon.